I’ve wanted to design a bluetooth mechanical keyboard for a while; wasn’t sure how realistic it would be. Figured a 1 key prototype would be a good jumping off point. Still has a lot of work to be done, but it works.
- USB C
- BLE 5.0
- Long lasting LIPO battery
- Wireless Qi charging
- Kailh Gold Speed switch
I’m still assessing the long term goals of this project, but in the short run it is time to iterate:
- Add resistors to reduce interference.
- Refine debouncing logic.
- Open source.
- Automatically reconnect after disconnect.
- Sleep when not in use.
- Add battery reporting BT service.
- Add support for more than one key.